Sunday, July 29, 2012

My 13th Month Blogiversary!

I must have been knee deep in sewing on June 29, the first anniversary of my first post on this blog. I discovered a few days later I had missed the date. So I'm celebrating a month later!

It's hard to believe a year (and more) has passed since beginning this adventure. I've had lots of fun sewing, knitting, painting, and writing about it, but the best reward has been all of the wonderful people I've met here. You readers have lifted me up and boosted my spirits time and time again. Your blogs have inspired me. So on this blogiversary, I celebrate each of you! Thank you for keeping me company here!

*************
Since I haven't posted in a while, you may wonder what have I been up to this month. For starters, I made a wearable muslin of a tank top pattern today. It's too wide through the neckline and shoulders, and I cut the vee neck too low, so it's going to be loungewear for home. I'll probably make some adjustments and try it again, as it fits well in the lower part. It's darted, which makes for a terrific fit through the bust.

I've been doing a lot of knitting this month, partly as a means of staying cool in the heat. Sounds like any oxymoron, I know. Our home is air conditioned, but my husband thinks 78 is comfortable. My overweight, postmenopausal body thinks otherwise! Our den is on our basement level, and it's cooler down there. There's a large window and a sliding door, so I don't feel hemmed in. The TV and stereo are down there, so it's the perfect place to knit.

First I started a drapey cardigan for myself, in a gorgeous cherry red textural cotton ribbon yarn. A couple of weeks into that, I got the itch to knit a throw for  my sister. I've been at that for about two weeks now. I'm on my third version, as I wasn't pleased with how the first two looked. Here's a sneak peak:

A market bag is also in the works. I save it for knitting group nights, as it's easy to knit with conversation going on. Then there are the socks and necklace, set aside some time ago and waiting to be finished. Can you tell I like to jump around a bit on knitting projects?!

My largest and most time consuming project this month is a handbag. It was a project to end all projects, involving paint, quilting, and eight layers of fabric and interfacing. I'll be writing about it soon. Until then, here's a sneak peak:

*************

Thanks for stopping by and helping me celebrate a fun, fun year of blogging!

13 comments:

  1. Over a year??? Seriously?? I'm so lucky that I get to see most of your projects "in person", but I never tire of reading your blog.
    Congrats on your blogiversary...looking forward to another year of inspirational posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barb, for always supporting and encouraging me in my creative endeavors!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that was a quick year! Your projects all sound nice but that handbag - I can't wait to see that!

    Happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming along for the ride this past year, Shams!
      You'll see the bag soon. I have tons of photos, so I'll probably write about it in two pieces.

      Delete
  3. Sewing, knitting, making bags!!! You really have had a busy year. Congratulations on the blogiversary, and looking forward to seeing all your creations in the next year (well, 11 months!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judith, for joining in the celebration!

      Delete
  4. Oooooh that bag! So intriguing looking; I definitely look forward to that!

    And Happy Blogiversary, dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jilly, for encouraging me to start a blog. It has given me such pleasure!
      More on the bag soon!

      Delete
  5. Happy Blogiversary, Dixie! What a talented woman and wonderful sister you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea! Thank you for your kind words. I'm fortunate to have good relationships with my sisters, even though we live far apart and see one another only a few times a year. My sisters and brother are blessings to me!

      Delete
  6. You've made me want to pick up my knitting needles, even in this heat. Maybe something for Lydia.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made me want to pick up my knitting needles, even in this heat. Maybe something for Lydia.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogiversary, Dixie! Your crafty adventures are always fun to read.

    ReplyDelete